Our General Price List
These prices are effective as of January 5th, 2022. Prices are subject to change without notice.
The goods and services shown below are those we can provide to our customers. You may choose only the items you desire. However, any funeral arrangements you select will include a charge for our basic services and overhead. If legal or other requirements mean you must buy any items you did not specifically ask for, we will explain the reason in writing on the statement we provide describing the funeral goods and services you selected.
Direct Cremation $970 to $1,170
Direct Cremation includes:
- Transfer of the decedent from place of death within 25 miles of our Center. (Additional mileage at $3.00 per mile each way)
- Services of staff
- Care of the body
- Obtaining the necessary signatures from the doctor and coroner
- Completion of the death certificate and the cremation permit
- Cremation Fee (For decedents over 250 lbs, additional charges will apply - Deceased weighing from 251-350 lbs., add $125.00, / 351-500 lbs. add $500.00 / 501-650 pounds, add $750.00)
- Temporary urn
If you want to arrange a direct cremation, you can use an alternative container. Alternative containers encase the body and can be made of materials like fiberboard or composition materials with or without an outside covering. The containers we provide are fiberboard.
Direct Cremation with alternative container (plus sales tax) $1,195
Direct Cremation with alternative container (online only) $995
Direct Cremation with container provided by purchaser $1,170
As above with online only arrangements $970
The Cremation Center serves people who want at their time of death a direct cremation without a funeral. A person who prefers a direct cremation may have a Memorial Service at their home, church, lodge or any other place they may prefer. Such services may occur before or after the cremation.
Professional Services and Merchandise
- Services of staff – $455.00
Our charge for staff services includes, but is not limited to, the services to respond to initial requests for service; the services of staff for an arrangement conference with the family or responsible party; arrangement of the cremation and filing of necessary authorizations and permits; and recording vital statistics. Included in this charge are overhead expenses for operating the Cremation Center and crematory such as responding 24 hours a day to calls, accounting and billing, secretarial and administrative costs, maintenance and utility expenses, equipment and inventory expenses, insurance expenses and similar overhead expenses. This fee for our basic services and overhead will be added to the total cost of the funeral arrangements you select. (This fee is already included in our charges for direct cremation.)
- Transportation - $350.00 Removal of the deceased from the place of death within a 25 mile radius of our Center. Additional mileage of $3.00 per mile each way. (This fee is already included in our charges for direct cremation.)
- Removal Delay - $50.00 per 15 minutes wait charge (when family is not prepared to release deceased)
- Storage Fee - $89.00 per day for non-cremated remains in our custody after 7 days.
- Cremation Fee - $475.00 (This fee is already included in our charges for direct cremation.)
- Alternative Cremation Container - $25.00 Fiberboard construction, no lining.
- Packaging and shipment of cremated remains anywhere in the United States - $150.00.
- Witnessing of Cremation - $250.00 (Witnessing the placement of the deceased into the cremation chamber) 4-persons for 15 minutes only. (Not available with online arrangements)
- Identification Viewing - $250.00 (Between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday – Friday, excluding holidays) 4-persons for 15 minutes only. (Not available with online arrangements)
- Thumb Printing - $25 (not available online)
- Memorial Register Books - $50.00
- Urn Filling- $50.00 - for filling urns not purchased from the Cremation Center of Kansas City
- Hair Lock Retrieval - $50.00 For cutting of hair locks from deceased (Not available with online arrangement)
- Cremation Urns - From $25.00
Cremation urns are crafted from a variety of semi-precious metals, hardwood, natural stone, ceramic, synthetic materials and crystal. Bio-degradable urns made of many different types of materials are available.
- Urn Vaults - From $225.00
When a family wishes to bury the cremated remains, an urn vault is used to protect the urn. Families are encouraged to contact their family cemetery to see if an urn vault is required.
- Scheduling at National Cemetery - $100.00 Includes scheduling of inurnment, military honors and military chaplain.
- Death Certificate Copy Ordering by Cremation Center Staff - $25
- Administrative fees may be added to cash advance items such as obituaries.
Download our general price list, by clicking here.