Fredrick D. Deay-II

Deay
Fredrick D. Deay-II, 56, Overland Park, KS a private practice employment law attorney passed away 5/28/21 accompanied by his treasured law history/Italian cook books, his Frank Sanitra/Sopranos’/West Wing collections and his F1-grand prix racing/soccer/Irish mementos.
Fred-II was born in Lawrence, KS August 17th, 1964 to Fredrick D. Deay and Phyllis E. Barnes Deay and was a graduate of Shawnee Mission South High School, Kansas University/BS Business, Washburn University/JD Law and Boston University/LLM Law.
He was proceeded in death by his mother Phyliss E. Barnes Deay and is survived by his father Fred Deay, brother Shane Deay, nephews Steve and Matt Deay, sister Lauree’ Stetina and niece Aubrianna Stetina.

Service

A friends/family remembrance gathering is planned for Saturday, August 7th (2-4) at Conroy’s Public House(Gaff Room), 4730 Rainbow Blvd, Westwood, KS 66205.

Memorial Contributions

Contributions may be offered in his name to the American Heart Association(heart.com).

1. Jay Miller on September 26, 2021 at 11:08 pm

I just learned of Fred’s passing. I am so sorry Mr.Deay. I have many great memories of staying over night with your family when Fred and I were kids. I tell my own kids how you would hit us fly balls in the back yard. Everytime I drive by the house I think of you all!

2. Tim Laughlin on August 27, 2021 at 10:26 am

To the Deay Family: My apologies for missing Fred’s service and my sincere condolences to you. I worked with Fred years ago and we became friends, but drifted apart as our careers took us to new employment opportunities. We reconnected a few years ago and would regularly have lunch together and would discuss current events, politics, and Fred’s efforts to fight for his clients. I already miss our lunch meetings and phone conversations. I greatly admired his intellect, sense of humor, and his insights and perspective.

3. Maru Beth on August 13, 2021 at 8:20 am

Fred, Sorry to miss the service. We were in Yellowstone and Boulder from Aug1-10. You and family are in our thought and prayers.

4. Ruthie and Will Owens on August 1, 2021 at 6:11 pm

Oh Fred I just learned of your son’s passing. We are so sorry. We know how heartbreaking it is to lose a child. Sending love and Hugs.

5. James Willis on July 26, 2021 at 12:37 pm

Fred was a great friend and brilliant Attorney. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t miss our lunch and dinner outings and his jokes and our sometimes 2 and 3 hour phone conversations. Condolences to Mr. Fred Deay Sr.and Lou whom I have had the pleasure of meeting and the rest of his family and friends. R.I.H. Until we meet again.

6. Marie Gockel on July 14, 2021 at 7:46 am

Fred has been a fierce legal warrior for so long within our legal family of employment lawyers he will be sorely missed. Fred has personally called to offer insights to unique legal questions countless times and always with such a generous spirit and genuine interest in helping others seeking justice. I will miss him as friend and member of our NELA community of employment and civil rights attorneys. I offer my deepest condolences for the loss of your son, brother and uncle especially at such a young age. Godspeed, Fred.

7. Lynne Bratcher on July 13, 2021 at 10:17 pm

Fred was a really skilled and compassionate lawyer. I always held him in high regard. He was so smart.

8. Kristi Kingston on July 13, 2021 at 8:45 pm

Fred was a fellow employment law attorney. He was my go-to person for any cases involving UPS, as he had fought so many battles on behalf of his clients who faced injustices working there. He was always quick to respond and offer advice and/or help. In addition to being a passionate advocate, he was easy to talk to and a genuinely kind person. My heartfelt sympathies to his family.

9. Marsha and Ray Goff on July 6, 2021 at 8:07 pm

We are so very sorry, Fred, for the loss of your son. He was a handsome man; we can see you in him and know he also must have inherited many of your excellent traits.

10. Bill and Dee Martin on July 3, 2021 at 3:20 pm

Fred, Dee and I are very sorry to read of your son’s passing. I did not know him, but as he
    was your son, I’m sure he was a great guy. I thank you for your friendship all these years.

11. Carol Steele on June 30, 2021 at 4:53 pm

Fred,

I was sorry to learn of your son’s passing, please accept my condolences. I never met him, but I know you, so he must have been a brilliant and kind person.

Your old neighbor,
    Carol Steele

12. John and Kathy MacDonald on June 28, 2021 at 12:26 pm

Fred, we just read about your son. We are so sorry. Please accept our deepest condolences.
    John and Kathy MacDonald

13. Tom Heintz on June 26, 2021 at 4:35 pm

So sorry to hear of Fred’s passing. Great memories of him at Indian Creek Jr High. Was a great kid.

14. Cynthia Abend on June 26, 2021 at 12:06 pm

So sad to hear About Fred’s death. He was a good friend and brilliant man. I enjoyed his friendship these last ten years since I met him. My heart goes out to you.

15. Kevin Baldwin on June 25, 2021 at 3:39 pm

So hard to believe the Fred is gone. He was a man of great conscious and endless spirit and sought justice for those without the voice to do so themselves. He will be missed greatly — not only for what the brought to the legal profession but b/c he was a good friend as well.

Godspeed Fred. You will be missed.

16. Vicki Clayman on June 25, 2021 at 2:21 pm

Fred was such a kindhearted and generous soul. I met him about 10 Years ago attending a NELA convention with Dennis. He spent the time to learn about me and hear about my family. After that, every time I saw Fred he inquired and remembered things I had told him. He always stops by Dennis’s office to say hello and sometimes bearing a bottle of his Christmas wine or some other item he felt Dennis would enjoy. Fred was always very interesting to talk to. Even though he was at a law convention we would have life conversations away from the subject. I think he knew it was refreshing for me! We will miss Fred and his graciousness.

17. Benny Harding on June 25, 2021 at 2:20 pm

Fred was a dear and kind person. We frequently lunched and spoke of our cases. I really enjoyed his company and during the winter months when my wife was away at our home in Arizona Fred and i would spend untold personal time discussing movies, books, politics and whatever else seem important at that time. I CONSIDERED HIM A GOOD FRIEND.

• Fred Deay on August 12, 2021 at 3:18 pm

Benny,
      Many thanks for attending F2’s memorial gathering, was good to visit with you.
      Fred Deay

18. Mary and Dick Raynolds on June 25, 2021 at 1:15 pm

Fred, sorry to read of your son’s death. We’re thinking of you. Mary and Dick Raynolds

19. Mary Beth Izard on June 25, 2021 at 8:38 am

Fred, So, so sorry to read about your son. I know he was much loved. My thought and prayers are with you. Mary Beth

20. Michael Cattaneo on June 24, 2021 at 8:51 pm

All my thoughts and prayers! Fred will be missed.