Edmundo Jose Porras

in-loving-memory

Edmundo Jose Porras, 75, of Prairie Village, Kansas, died February 7, 2011 at his home.  He was born in Jinotepe, Nicaragua on February 12, 1935.  He received his bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Engineering from the University of Florida. He married Linda Louise Coleman March 30, 1961 in Woodland, California.  He held several posts thoughout his life, notably at Esso in Managua, Nicaragua, John Deere International in Mexico City and for ITT Publishing in Overland Park, Kansas.

Edmundo is survived by his wife Linda and children: daughter Ana Khan, Lawrence, Kansas and granddaughter, Saira Khan; son Martin Porras, and grandchildren Veronika and Lukas; daughter Amanda Ibrahim, Kuwait City, Kuwait and grandchildren Nadia and Ahmed Ibrahim; and son Jaime Porras, Telluride, Colorado; sister Maria Teresa Porras de Delgadillo and brother Jorge Salgado, both of Managua, Nicaragua.

A Celebration of Edmundo’s  life will be held at a later date. In lieu of flowers, the family suggests donations be made to the American Cancer Society.

1. Antonio Poveda on February 11, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Linda y Famila:
    Para un amigo de infancia, vecino por muchos años…tiempos en que la amistad se convertia en familia, de fino humor y cultura, Mundo seguira en nuestro recuerdo. Para ti y Fam. mis sinceras condolencias, Antonio Poveda

2. Peter and Ingrid Giles on February 11, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Agricultores, Nicaragua y nosotros han perdido un amigo gigantesco. Adore y el pesame a Linda y su familia.
    Los Giles

3. Rebecca Brown on February 10, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Mrs. Porras,

My sincerest condolences on your loss. I remember Mr. Porras as a kind man with a great sense of humor and I hope he was able to keep that throughout his illness. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sincerely,

Rebecca Brown

4. Joyce wILLIS on February 10, 2011 at 11:56 am

Linda – I’m so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband. Keep all the good memories close to your heart. May you find peace during this difficult time. Joyce Willis

5. Jasmine Markanday on February 10, 2011 at 11:10 am

Linda,

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I want you to know that I am here for you at this time of grieving.

6. Deborah McLean on February 10, 2011 at 11:07 am

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Deborah

7. Pamela Soper on February 10, 2011 at 11:00 am

Linda and Family:
    I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved husband. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. May God wrap you in His comforting arms and carry you thru this difficult time.

8. Jorge & Marcos Lugo Cardenas on February 9, 2011 at 10:36 pm

We are deeply saddened to hear of your loss.Edmundo Jose a wonderful friend at IPM La Salle,Nicaragua.
    Deepest sympathies.Jorge & Marcos Lugo C

9. Gustavo A. Gomez on February 9, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Linda:
    Mi sentido pesame a ti, vuestros hijos y su hermana Tere. Han pasado varias decadas desde la ultima vez que los vi, pero lo recuerdos con mucho aprecio y carino. Mundo fue una excelente persona y un distinguido profesional digno de los mejores recuerdos.

10. ann mcabee on February 9, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Linda I am very sorry to hear about your husband. we will be praying for you and your family. Ann

11. Rosario y Jairo J. Moncada M on February 9, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Linda,
    recibe nuestro mas sentido pesame por la muerte de vuestro querido esposo Edmundo,quien Dios Nuestro Senor ya lo tiene gozando de su Gloria prometida,para las personas que fueron buenas,y para que mas.
    De nuevo nuestro mas sentido pesame,para ti y vuestros hijos,y que Dios les de la resignacion cristiana.

Rosario y Jairo J. moncada M

12. Dick Goodhart on February 9, 2011 at 1:45 pm

As one of Ed’s oldest friends, I will miss him very much but take joy in remembering his wit and joy of life.

13. Bob Mills on February 9, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Mundo brought joy into the lives of many of us and memories of him still bring a smile. His love of nematodes and explanations of other lesser known things will be passed down for generations. I will certainly miss him even though we rarely saw each other after leaving Intertec. Love you Mundo.

14. Tom Franzen on February 9, 2011 at 11:00 am

Linda,

Terry and I are saddened on the passing of Ed. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Let us know if we can help in any way during this difficult time.

Tom and Terry Franzen

15. Ivan Alvarez on February 9, 2011 at 8:07 am

A dear friend, excellent person with a great sense of humor. His heart always full of kindness for every one around him. His ancestors were well respected and admired in our native country. Please receive my haert felt condolences.

16. Jose Luis Delgadillo Porras on February 8, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Tia Linda
    Nuestra mas sinceras condolencias a toda la familia Porras Coleman en este dificil momento que estan pasando.
    En Nicaragua mi mama le esta celebrando un triduo de misas en la Iglesia Sta.Martha en Reparto San Juan, a las 6PM. Iniciaron hoy Martes 08 de Febrero.

17. Chuck & Tammy Nichols on February 8, 2011 at 7:14 pm

Dear Linda and Family,

Tammy and I are sorry to hear about Ed. He was a great guy and I enjoyed his gifts. Tammy and I are praying for God’s peace and comfort for you all.

Chuck and Tammy Nichols

18. Becky Olson on February 8, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Linda,
    You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers today.

Becky

19. Cathy Hamilton on February 8, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Linda,

May God comfort you and your family as you go through this time together. My heart, thoughts and prayers are with you. With almost 50 years of memories to hold on to, Ed will always remain a presence in your life.

20. Susan Dougan on February 8, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Linda,

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. May your memories be your comfort. If there is anything that I can do to help, please let me know.

Susan Dougan

21. John Mahin on February 8, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Linda – Judi and I would like to offer our thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Ed was a great guy that we both thoroughly enjoyed knowing. We will be thinking of you and wishing the best. Should there be anything that we can do to help you, please do not hesitate to let us know.

John and Judi Mahin

22. Tracey Caton on February 8, 2011 at 1:23 pm

My thoughts and prayers to your and your family during this difficult time. May your heart and soul find peace and comfort. With deepest sympathy.

Tracey

23. Debbie S. Gardner on February 8, 2011 at 12:51 pm

I am so sorry for you and your families loss Linda. I wish I could have helped more when you would ask questions about my Mom. Even though you knew it was coming – it’s never easy. You have to cry it out or you will never get over it. I didn’t and I still have a very hard time. If you need to talk – I would be more than happy to listen. If you need anything at all please let me know. I would be more than happy to help where I can.

24. Larry Allen on February 8, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Dear Linda & family,

I was deeply saddened to hear of your loss. Ed had a wonderful, kind & gentle spirit and will be greatly missed by all who knew him. My hope is that all the good memories you shared will help comfort you in these tough times. Know that Ed will be watching over you (and those Gators)!

Deepest sympathies,
    Larry Allen (Linda’s co-worker at Johnson County)

25. Sherry Bowlin on February 8, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Linda,

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I know what it’s like to watch someone you love suffer. Please know that we are thinking about you,

Sherry